Kaitlin Grayson considers herself just an artist until she gets recruited by a strange man named Bartamus, who shows up at her place in the middle of the night and demands she use her skills to save his dying world. Soon Kait gets caught between two worlds, and if Bartamus’ world falls, Earth is next — along with untold other worlds.
The IN MAPS & LEGENDS digital comic re-launches on September 1, 2010.
Created by artist Niki Smith and writer Michael Jasper, IN MAPS & LEGENDS won the November 2009 contest at Zuda, an imprint of DC Comics.
After DC Comics discontinued their Zuda Comics website, Niki and Michael decided to continue their story independently.
So they made their comic available in a range of digital formats, including iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad versions, plus versions for the Droid phone, Kindle, and the Web, as well as downloadable PDF formats. Issues sell for $.99 each.
You can buy Issue 1 from the following online distributors:
- Comixology (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, Web Reader)
- Graphic.ly (iPhone/iPod Touch / iPad, Desktop Reader for Windows, Mac)
- Amazon’s US Kindle Store (Kindle format)
- Amazon’s UK Kindle Store (Kindle format)
- Barnes & Noble (Nook ePub format)
- LongBox Digital (Desktop Reader for Windows, Mac)
- MyDigitalComics (PDF, CBZ, Web Reader)
- DriveThruComics (PDF download)
- Wowio (PDF download)
We also have German versions! Check them out here:
- Amazon’s US Kindle Store – German version (Kindle format)
- Amazon’s UK Kindle Store – German version (Kindle format)
- Barnes & Noble – German version (Nook ePub format)
IN MAPS & LEGENDS Issue 1 continues the tale of magic, mystery, and steampunk that follows its contest-winning opening pages. Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoy the trip!
About Artist Niki Smith:
Niki is an artist and writer, who is currently working on a handful of creator-owned comic projects such as Highwater, and Some Did Rest. Her work has also appeared in several English language and German comic anthologies. Website
About Writer Michael Jasper:
Michael has published three novels, a story collection, and over four dozen short stories in Asimov’s, Strange Horizons, Polyphony, Writers of the Future, and the Raleigh News & Observer, and other venues. His most recent novel is A Gathering of Doorways. Website